Has it left you paralyzed to even start down the road of your own business?
Does it keep you worrying about how you will ever attain this elusive entrepreneurial freedom?
If you’re firmly entrenched in the “employee” mindset then this is likely the case and you probably have a “job” working for yourself “in” your business with no end in sight.
Remember… your business is meant to deliver the life and lifestyle that you truly desire. You are not meant to be a slave to your business.
I love the quote, “Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won’t, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can’t.”
The key is in the transition from the first part to the second. Yes, you do need to work much harder, wear many more hats, and make some sacrifices in the early going. If, however, you do not lay the foundation and create the compass for the business and life you want, RIGHT FROM THE START, you will gradually shift into a pattern of being overworked and overwhelmed that will go on indefinitely. Instead, when you take appropriate steps you can make step by step progress towards having a business that WILL deliver your ideal life while your clients receive the tremendous value you offer.
Use these 9 steps to prevent your business from consuming your life.
- Begin with end in mind – clearly visualize your wildly ideal life including your business, your ideal role in it, and the team to help you achieve it.
- My Ideal Life description and Treasure Map serve as a reminder to consciously live more and more of my dream everyday.
- Understand your passion and talent – embrace and ensure your passion and your talents are a prominent part of your role in your business.
- Design your business model with these in mind – and the process of letting go of every other aspect of your business at the right time.
- For instance I have a clear picture of the number of days I want to work each year, when those days are, and the number of clients I want at each level of my business.
- Train yourself to set and adhere to boundaries – with respect to roles, scheduling times and days, and volume of working IN your business.
- For instance in my business I do not book appointments on Fridays or on weekends.
- Train your staff or team to set and adhere to their own boundaries and respect yours.
- Set up boundaries with clients and stick to them.
- Be flexible to a degree but beware of setting unconscious precedents that become hard to reverse.
- Learn to say NO! – one of the most powerful and freeing words in the English language.
- Trust in abundance philosophy – when you design it right there will always be more than enough to fulfill your needs and wants.
Step by step, day by day, you will live more and more of your wildly ideal life running your dream business contributing amazing value and letting go of the rest to a trusted and capable team.
“Life is meant to be embraced, enjoyed and fully lived, not merely endured!”
To your success,
Be an advocate of Entrepreneurial Freedom and the global movement of conscious creators. Please forward this to anyone you feel would enjoy the content. I appreciate your support in growing our community of entrepreneurs!